Spicy Thai Lettuce Wraps
This cool and easy recipe is fun to enjoy as an appetizer or for a light Springtime meal!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Barefoot Riesling
- ½ cup peanut sauce
- 1 cucumber, peeled, cored, and finely diced
- 1 head of lettuce that has easy, "wrappable" leaves such as Butterleaf, Boston, or Romaine (washed with leaves separate)
- chopped peanuts for garnish
- Warm olive oil in skillet and brown the ground beef along with onion and garlic. Remove from heat.
- In a separate small pot over low heat, combine peanut sauce, Barefoot Riesling, and diced cucumber taking care to keep heat low and even.
- Spoon ground beef onto prepared lettuce leaves; drizzle with peanut sauce mixture; and sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
- Serve and enjoy with Barefoot Riesling.